It's been a year since our Neighbourhood Plan passed independent examination the last step before the community votes on it in a referendum. Unfortunately, voting had to be postponed because of the Covid-19 pandemic but has now been scheduled for Local Election Day on Thursday 6th May 2021.
The plan's influence already
In the past year, the Plan has been influential and used by Ilmington Parish Council and Stratford on Avon District Council (SDC) in planning decisions.
Because the Plan has passed examination, SDC’s Site Allocation Plan now proposes substantially fewer sites in Ilmington and matches the Neighbourhood Plan. We can all be proud of the hard work and effort the whole community has put into the Plan and the influence it has already had on planning decisions. Ilmington Parish Council had been supportive of the Neighbourhood Plan process throughout. If the referendum passes by more than 50% of votes cast, the plan will formally sit alongside the SDC Core Strategy
What do the plan policies do? They ...
- Protect our local green spaces, valued landscapes, wildlife, biodiversity, orchards, allotments and architectural heritage.
- Set standards for flood risk and foul water drainage mitigation.
- Ensure new development is sympathetic to Ilmington’s special character through its extensive design guide.
- Allocate sites for new homes which include the building of affordable housing within Ilmington.
Voting in the Referendum
To be able to vote in the referendum, make sure you are registered to vote. Applications must be received before midnight on 19th April 2021.
There are 3 ways to vote
- IN-PERSON: District councils are working hard to provide in-person elections in a Covid-safe environment. If voting in-person concerns you then your other options are:
- BY PROXY: Register as soon as possible to vote by proxy either by post or non-postal. Deadline for receiving new postal proxy applications is 5pm 20th April 2021. Deadline for receiving non-postal and emergency proxy applications is 5pm 27th April 2021.
- BY POST: Deadline for receiving new postal vote applications is 5pm 20th April 2021.
This is your opportunity to ensure your voice is counted in deciding how Ilmington will be developed in the future.
The Plan’s vision for Ilmington is that it continues to be a desirable and thriving place to live with a strong sense of community.
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO INFLUENCE OUR FUTURE