St. Philip the Apostle on Grump Street
was built in 1867 as a Catholic school which closed in 1931. It was converted into a church and opened by Archbishop Thomas Leighton Williams in 1935. It replaced St Mary's Chapel at Foxcote House, the home of the Canning family. The church was consecrated by Bishop Philip Pargeter, Auxiliary Bishop of Birmingham, in May 1992.
For further information about the church, services and organisations contact:-
Email:- Father Doolan
For further details about the church just go to their own website.
St Philip's RC Church was closed in July 2013 and is now Ilmington Community Shop and Cafe.
Catholic services are now held at Our Lady and St Michael, Darlingscote Road, Shipston-on-Stour.
Saturday Vigil Mass 5.30 p.m., Sunday Mass 9.30 a.m. Holyday Mass 9.30 a.m., 7.30 p.m.